I’ve read some excellent things this year, and I thought I’d share my favourites in a short blog post. These aren’t in any particular order, I would recommend all of them equally.
- Maddadam by Margaret Atwood
- Edgelands by Paul Farley and Michael Symmons Roberts
- Radical Gardening: Power, Politics and Rebellion in the Garden by George MacKay
- The Carbon Cycle by Kate Rawles
- Incredible! Plant Veg, Grow a Revolution by Pam Warhurst and Joanna Dobson
- Queering Anarchism by various authors
- The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter
- A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit
- Rings of Saturn by W. G. Sebald
- Non-Places: Introduction to an Anthropology of Supermodernity by Marc Augé
Bonus: my two favourite poetry books that I read this year were Hard Water by Jean Sprackland and The Tree House by Kathleen Jamie.